In the event that repairs to sidewalks are caused to be performed by the homeowner, said costs will be reimbursed by the Village for fifty percent (50%) of the cost of said work, including necessary hired labor and materials, or in the amount equal to four dollars and fifty cents ($4.50) per square foot of sidwalk replaced, whichever is less.
The following are the required specifications for sidewalks within the Village:
- four inch (4-inch) concrete, minimum
- 48 inches minimum in width
- all concrete must be minimum 3500 P.S.I.
- all concrete must be sealed
- reinforcing wire or fiberglass mesh to be used
- must run through the driveway and cannot be paved over
All work must be inspected and approved by the Village Coordinator before reimbursement will be authorized. Please contact the Village Coordinator before and after you have repaired or installed the sidewalk.